Critter Stop Logo
(214) 561-2744
Critter Stop Logo
(214) 561-2744
Critter Stop Logo
(214) 561-2744
Home » Blog » 5 Reasons to Choose Poison-Free Rodent & Wildlife Removal

5 Reasons to Choose Poison-Free Rodent & Wildlife Removal

Captured Squirrel

Many people think that poison is the best solution to rid their homes of rodents and other wild animals, but are they safe? If you have young children or animals, poison is not likely a good choice for your home. In fact, the toxic chemicals used to kill rodents and wildlife can be unsafe for you, your children, your pets, and even your environment. Keep reading to learn more about some of the many reasons poison-free rodent and wildlife removal may be a better option.

1. Rodents & Other Animals May Die Within the Home

A raccoon that has died from poisoning in the attic of a home.

Many people have been told that poisons cause animals to dehydrate and leave the home in search of water before they die. In many cases, this does not happen. In fact, it’s much more likely that the animal will die while trying to find an escape root, leaving you with the bigger problem of finding and removing a dead animal that could be anywhere within your walls, beneath your floors, or in your attic.

2. Your Pets May Consume the Animal After Death

If the rodent or other animal does die within your home or elsewhere on your property, your family pets may consume these animals. This can lead to your pets getting sick or even dying.

3. The Poison Itself is not Good for You, Your Children, or Your Pets

Rodent and wildlife removal specialists who use poisons apply them while wearing masks and special gear, but unless you, your children, and your pets are going to be wearing protective gear, your home may not be completely safe after poison application. In most cases, you’ll be directed to leave the home for several hours, but after you return, you may still be breathing in or touching these potentially hazardous materials.

4. Poisoned Rodents & Wildlife May Produce More Waste

Most rat poisons work by damaging an animal’s kidneys following ingestion. When the kidneys are damaged, animals may experience loss of bladder and bowel control. This can lead to waste all over your home, which is less-than-sanitary for you and your family.

5. Poisons can be Bad for the Environment

Most poison packaging will tell you not to place the products on or near plants or sources of water. These rodenticides and other pest control poisons can be absorbed into soil and water, which can lead to serious health hazards for humans and animals who consume foods grown in the soil, those who eat the grass, and humans and animals who drink the water. Additionally, grass, flowers, and other plants may die as a result of exposure to these poisons.

The Critter Stop Difference

At Critter Stop in Southlake, our team of professionals offer 100% safe, poison-free, and eco-friendly rodent and wildlife removal for homes and businesses throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. We’re so confident in the results we provide that our team offers a 100% Lifetime Guarantee. There’s no fine print to read here. Our guarantee is simple. If any rodents or wildlife reenter the home, we’ll come back, remove any animals and their waste, and seal any entry points (old or new). We make this promise without ever using any poison. We humanely remove rodents and wildlife and their waste, and one of our knowledgeable team members completely sanitizes your home.

Call Today To Book A Free Inspection And Estimate! (214)561-2744

Visit our Critter Library and learn more about our furry friends

Critter problem? We can put a stop to that!

Safe Wildlife Removal

Mosquito Control

Insulation Services

Dead Animal Removal